Raise a “Mile of Pennies”
It takes 84,480 pennies laid end-to-end to stretch the length of a mile! That’s $844.80!
Geauga Faith Rescue Mission deeply appreciates your efforts in the “Mile of Pennies” campaign, but please do not send us 84,440 pennies.
3 Easy Ways to Send Funds Raised:
Click the link above to use our online donation form to send us the funds you raised throughout your campaign.
Mail to: Geauga Faith Rescue Mission, PO Box 82, Chardon OH, 4402
Give us a call at (440) 636-5240 and we will make arrangements to pick up your check if you are local.
Here’s how your church, missions group or other organization can raise a “Mile of Pennies” to help Geauga’s homeless.
- Share the “Mile of Pennies” idea with the leader of your group or organization (your pastor, Sunday SchoolSuperintendent, Business, Company President, Chairman, etc.) to get their support.
- Make sure the project is endorsed by the leader of the group or organization and is placed on the calendar. GFRM is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization and donations are tax deductible.
- Churches may ask their pastor to lead the congregation in a special prayer for GFRM.
- Invite a GFRM representative to attend a church service or speak at a meeting to explain the need for emergency housing or homeless shelters in Geauga County. Contact Mike Farrell at 440-477-7670 or sent an email to farrell@GFRMission.org.
- Your campaign needs to run at least one month. Pick a start and an end date. It needs to be long enough to raise 84,440 pennies, but not so long that people lose interest.
- Make this the local mission that receives support from your Vacation Bible School event.
- Use our label or create your own containers using soda cans, jars, buckets, and plastic jugs. Encourage adults to participate and to drop in any size coin or folded bills.
- Make it fun. Reward success with prizes to individuals, classes, etc. who collect the most pennies. Have a “Pennies Party” to launch the drive or to count pennies when it is over.
- Consult with your bank at the outset of the campaign. They might require bags, or they may require rolled pennies, so please talk to your banker before you start.
- Send a picture and short article to a local newspaper and ask that they include your campaign in their publication.